Exploring Gujarat is the ultimate guide for anyone who wants to explore the diversity, history and beauty of the Indian state of Gujarat. From the city to the peaceful region. No matter whether you want toexplore ancient temples, taste delicious local cuisine or Exploring hidden places, unusual gems “Explore Gujarat” is the ideal partner for all travelers who want to explore the beautiful and fascinating region.
list of (Exploring Gujarat) Best Places to Visit and Things to Do
|Places Name||Location||Famous For||Places to Stay||Places to Visit||Things to Do|
|Dwarka||Western Gujarat||Dwarkadhish Temple, Hindu pilgrimage site||Hotel Gomti, Dwarkadhish Lords Eco Inn||Dwarkadhish Temple, Bet Dwarka, Rukmini Devi Temple||Attend the evening aarti at Dwarkadhish Temple, visit the Dwarka Beach|
|Somnath||Saurashtra, Gujarat||Somnath Temple, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas||The Fern Residency, Hotel Ambar, Lords Inn Somnath||Somnath Temple, Triveni Sangam, Geeta Mandir||Attend the evening aarti at Somnath Temple, witness the sound and light show|
|Kutch||Gujarat||Rann of Kutch, Handicrafts||Shaam e Sarhad Village Resort, Rann Riders, The Fern Residency||Rann of Kutch, Kala Dungar, Great Rann of Kutch||Visit the Kutch Museum, witness the Rann Utsav, enjoy the local handicrafts|
|Gir National Park||Sasan Gir, Gujarat||Asiatic lions, Indian leopards||Gir Birding Lodge, Gir Jungle Lodge, Fern Gir Forest Resort||Asiatic lions, Indian leopards, Indian pangolins||Go on a jungle safari, birdwatching, nature walks|
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat||Vibrant culture, food, historical landmarks||The House of MG, Novotel Ahmedabad, The Fern Ahmedabad||Sabarmati Ashram, Jama Masjid, Akshardham Temple||Visit the Calico Museum of Textiles, sample the local cuisine, explore the old city|
|Vadodara||Gujarat||Palaces, museums, art galleries||Hotel Express Residency, The Gateway Hotel, The Fern Residency||Laxmi Vilas Palace, Sayaji Baug, EME Temple||Visit the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum, attend a Garba dance performance, explore the local markets|
|Saputara||Dang, Gujarat||Hill station, natural beauty||Savshanti Lake Resort, Aakar Lords Inn, Uday Hill Resort||Saputara Lake, Artist Village, Gira Falls||Trekking, camping, paragliding, boating|
|Bhuj||Kutch, Gujarat||Historical landmarks, handicrafts||The Fern Residency, Regenta Resort Bhuj, Hotel Prince||Aina Mahal, Prag Mahal, Bhujia Fort||Visit the Kutch Museum, explore the local handicrafts, witness the Swaminarayan Temple|
Best Places To Visit In Gujarat: (Exploring Gujarat)
Gujarat is one of the largest states in India and is an international tourist destination. Beautiful landscapes, historical monuments, remnants of ancient civilizations and picturesque beaches cast a spell that is hard to break. It is also one of the few places in Gir National Park where you can see Asian lions not in captivity but in their natural habitat. Apart from that, tourists visiting Gujarat can enjoy the unique dancers and food for which the state is famous all over the world. There are many wonderful places to visit in Gujarat, all full of charm and history.
Here is the Detailed information (Exploring Gujarat) Best Places To Visit In Gujarat:
Dwarka is a city in the state of Gujarat on the west coast of India. It is considered one of the seven holiest places in Hinduism and is an important pilgrimage site for believers. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Dwarka:
- Dwarkadhish Temple – The most famous and revered temple in Dwarka, dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- Bet Dwarka – An island located off the coast of Dwarka, believed to be the original dwelling place of Lord Krishna.
- Rukmini Devi Temple – A beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Krishna’s consort, Rukmini Devi.
- Gomti Ghat – A sacred spot where pilgrims take a dip in the river to wash away their sins.
- Nageshwar Jyotirlinga Temple – One of the 12 Jyotirlingas (divine pillars) of Lord Shiva, located near Dwarka.
- Dwarka Beach – A scenic beach located near Dwarkadhish Temple, popular for swimming and sunbathing.
- Gomti Beach – A serene beach located near the Gomti Ghat, ideal for relaxing and enjoying the sunset.
- Marine National Park – A protected marine reserve located near Dwarka, home to diverse marine life and coral reefs.
- Sudama Setu – A bridge built over the Gomti River, named after Lord Krishna’s childhood friend, Sudama.
- Dwarka Lighthouse – A historic lighthouse built during the British era, offering panoramic views of the city and the Arabian Sea.
Visitors to Dwarka can also enjoy the local cuisine, which includes traditional Gujarati dishes like Dhokla, Khandvi, and Thepla.
Places To Stay: Chouki Dhani Resort, Regency Lagoon Resort, Ashirvad Club Resort, Nirali Resorts, Emerald Club
Things To Do: Shree Dwarkadhish Temple – Watch The Unique Practices, Tulabhara – Observe The Ancient Tradition, Gomti River – Ride A Camel, Chhakda – Ride A Tuk-Tuk
Places To Visit: Dwarkadheesh Temple, Nageshwar Jyotirlinga, Gomti Ghat, Dunny Point
How To Reach: If you want to reach Dwarka in the fastest way then you must take a flight till Jamnagar Airport which is located at a distance of 45 kilometers only. You can take a bus or taxi from there to reach Dwarka easily.
Famous For: Religious place
Somnath is a village in the state of Gujarat on the west coast of India. It is famous for the Temple of Somnath, one of the twelve sacred sites of Jyotirlinga in India. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Somnath:
- Triveni Sangam: This is where the three rivers Hiran, Kapila and Saraswati meet with the Arabian Sea. It is considered a sacred place and is a popular place for people to walk on the water and perform rituals.
- Bhalka Tirtha: This is said to be the place where Lord Krishna was struck by an arrow and died. It is a popular place for pilgrims and has a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- Somnath Beach: This is a beautiful beach near Somnath Temple, a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Arabian sea.
- Junagadh Gate: This is the historical site of Somnath and is the entrance to Somnath Temple. It is a beautiful model with intricate carvings and is a must-see.
Somnath is an important spiritual city and a must-see for anyone interested in the history and culture of India.
Places To Stay: Imperial Somnath, The Fern Residency Somnath, The Bliss Hotel, Lords Inn Somnath, Hotel Somnath Atithigruh
Things To Do: See The Beautiful Suraj Mandir, Visit Laxmi Narayan Temple, Witness Dehotsarg Teerth, Visit Somnath Temple
Places To Visit: Suraj Mandir, Dehotsarg Teerth, Junagarh Gate, Triveni Ghat
Location: Somnath Mandir Rd, Veraval, Gujarat 362268
How To Reach: Take a flight from any of the major cities of Delhi to Diu Airport which is located at a distance of 65 kilometers from the temple or take a ride in the train till Veraval which is just 6 km away.
Famous For: Religious site
Kutch is a district in the western Indian state of Gujarat. It is the largest country in India and is known for its unique culture, handicrafts and natural beauty. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Kutch:
- Rann of Kutch: This is a vast salt desert that covers most of the area. Rann of Kutch is a popular tourist destination known for its natural beauty. You can ride a camel or watch a beautiful sunset over the desert.
- Kutch Museum: This is a museum located in the city of Bhuj and is one of the oldest museums in Gujarat. There are many artifacts including textiles, weapons and paintings that showcase Kutch’s rich history and culture.
- Mandvi Beach: This is a beautiful beach in Mandvi town and is a popular tourist destination. With its soft sand and clear water, the beach is a great place to relax and enjoy the view of the Arabian Sea.
- Aina Mahal: This is a palace in Bhuj known for its beautiful architecture and beautiful interior.
Built in the 18th century, the palace has a museum showing the history of the Kutch region.
- Kutchi Village: Kutchi is known for its unique culture and crafts, and visiting Kutchi Village is a great way to experience it. These villages are home to artisans who produce beautiful fabrics, weavings and handicrafts.
A region rich in history and culture, Kutch is a must-see for anyone wishing to Exploring the beauty and diversity of India.
Places To Stay: Mahefeel e Rann Resort, Rann Village Resort, Kutir Craft Village Resort, Dharani Village Resort, Rann Utsav – Tent City
Places To Visit: Great Rann Of Kutch, Kalo Dungar, Kandla Port, Dholavira
How To Reach: The nearest railway station or airport is located in Bhuj from where one has to take a taxi to reach Rann of Kutch.
Things To Do: Attend Rann Mahotsav, Watch cultural performances
Famous For: Scenic beauty, lively ambiance
4. Gir National Park
Gir National Park is located in the western Indian state of Gujarat. This is the only place in the world where Asian lions can be seen in their natural habitat. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Gir National Park:
- Wildlife Safari: The wildlife safari is the best way to see the wildlife in Gir National Park. You can explore the park by jeep or bus while searching for Asian lion and other animals such as leopard, deer and antelope.
- Kamleshwar Dam: This is a beautiful dam inside the park and a great place to see crocodiles and other aquatic animals.
- Crocodile Breeding Center: A center located within the park that focuses on crocodile breeding and the treatment of injured or orphans.
- EnterInterpretation Area: This is an area outside the park where you can learn more about wildlife and the park’s ecosystem with interactive exhibits and shows.
- Somnath Temple: The famous Somnath temple is located in the tourist town of Somnath, not far from Gir National Park.
Gir National Park is a must-see for all wildlife and nature lovers. Home to many animal and plant species, the park offers its visitors the opportunity to see the giant Asian lion in its natural environment.
Places To Stay: The Gateway Hotel Gir, Gir Vihar Resort, Amidhara Stay
Things To Do: Safari, bird watching
Places To Visit: Devalia Safari Park, Gir Jungle Trail
How To Reach: The best way to reach Gir is by landing at the airport in Keshod or by taking a train till Junagadh or Veraval. Following this, take a taxi to reach your destination.
Famous For: National park and its flora and fauna
Ahmedabad is the largest city in the western Indian state of Gujarat. It is known for its rich history, vibrant culture and beautiful architecture and atal . Here are some of the best things to do and see in Ahmedabad:
- Sabarmati Ashram – Visit the former residence of Mahatma Gandhi, which now serves as a museum and memorial to his life and legacy.
- Jama Masjid – Explore one of the most beautiful mosques in India, known for its intricate architecture and stunning marble domes.
- Kankaria Lake – Take a stroll around this scenic lake, which offers boating, water rides and other recreational activities.
- Adalaj Stepwell – Admire the stunning architecture of this ancient stepwell, which features intricate carvings and a unique octagonal shape.
- Atal Bridge (Unity Bridge) – Visit the modern cable-stayed bridge that spans the Narmada River near Bharuch, connecting Bharuch and Ankleshwar districts.
Ahmedabad offers a wealth of experiences for visitors, from exploring historic sites and museums to indulging in local cuisine and shopping. Whether you’re interested in culture, history, nature or adventure, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Ahmedabad is a city rich in cultural heritage, offering its visitors a mix of history, architecture and modern amenities. It is a must visit place for anyone interested in the beauty and diversity of India.
Places To Stay: Palm Green Club, Shanku’s Water World Resort, Rann Riders, Madhubhan Resorts And Spa, Radhe Upavan Resort
Places To Visit: Akshardham Temple Complex, Sabarmati Ashram, Kankaria Lake
Things To Do: Sabarmati Ashram: Feel The Silence, Jhulta Minara: Quite A Sight, Law Garden: For The Shopaholics, Victoria Garden: Feel The Vibe
How To Reach: There are several trains that ply between the major cities of India and Ahmedabad. So, take a train ride from your city to Kalupur Railway Station and then hire a taxi to reach your destination.
Famous For: Shopping, temples, lively ambiance
Vadodara, also known as Vadodara, is a city in the western Indian state of Gujarat. It is known for its rich heritage, beautiful architecture and vibrant arts scene. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Vadodara:
- Laxmi Vilas Palace: This is a beautiful palace in the heart of the city known for its beautiful architecture and beautiful interior.
- Sayaji Baug: This is a park in the city and a popular place to eat. The park has a zoo, an airplane, and a toy train that takes people around the park.
- Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery: It is a museum in the city where the art and culture of the region is exhibited. The museum has many paintings, sculptures and artifacts from different parts of India.
- EME Temple: It is a unique temple on the outskirts of the city, known for its architecture and design.
- Navratri Festival: This is a popular festival in the city in October. Dedicated to Goddess Durga, this holiday is celebrated with great joy and happiness.
Vadodara is a culturally rich city that offers its visitors a unique blend of history, architecture and modern amenities. It is a must visit place for anyone interested in the beauty and diversity of India.
Things To Do: Explore palace, visit museum
Places To Visit: NA
Places To Stay: Vivanta Vadodara, Grand Mercure Vadodara Surya Palace, Sayaji Hotel
Location: Old Agra Achhnera Road, Kakaji Ki Kothi, Bharatpur, Rajasthan 321001
How To Reach: The palace is easily accessible from any part of the city as it is located on the Nehru Road. You can take a cab or taxi and reach the palace in a very short time.
Entry Fee: INR 200 per person
Famous For: Historical sites
Saputara is a hill station in the Dang district of the Indian state of Gujarat. It is located in the Sahyadri range and is known for its natural beauty and natural climate. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Saputara:
- Saputara Lake: This is a beautiful lake in the heart of the city, popular for boating and picnicking.
- Sunset Point: It is a viewing point that offers beautiful views of the valley and hills on the plateau.
- Saputara Tribal Museum: It is a museum displaying the rich ethnic and cultural heritage of the region.
- Gila Falls: This is a beautiful waterfall near Saputara and is a popular place for trekking and picnicking.
- Table Mountain: This is a flat mountain with beautiful views of valleys and hills.
Saputara is the best place for nature lovers and adventure lovers. It gives visitors the opportunity to experience the beauty and tranquility of this peaceful place.
Places To Stay: Aakar Lords Inn, Patang Resid, ency, Sai Leela, Savshanti Lake Resort, Hotel Hilltop Regency
Things To Do: Saputara Lake – Go Boating, Artist Village – Visit, Hatgadh Fort – Explore, Vansda National Park – Trek
Places To Visit: Gira Falls, Vansda National Park, Hatgadh Fort, Artist Village
How To Reach: To reach Saputara, you will have to reach Bilimora Railway Station first which is connected to the major cities of India. From there, you can hire a taxi to cover a distance of 50 kilometers to reach Saputara.
Famous For: Sprawled beautifully on a densely forested plateau
Bhuj is a city located in the Kutch district of the Indian state of Gujarat. The city is known for its rich history, culture and architecture. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Bhuj:
- Aina Mahal: This is a beautiful palace known for its unique architecture and beautiful interior.
- Prague Mahal: This is a palace known for its European inspired architecture and fascinating interiors.
- Kutch Museum: It is a museum that showcases the art, culture and history of the Kutch region.
- Bhujodi Village: It is a village known for its traditional handicrafts and textile products.
- Great Rann of Kutch: This is a salt desert with beautiful sunsets and a popular place for camel riding.
- Mandvi Beach: This is a beautiful beach near Bhuj that allows guests to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Arabian sea.
Bhuj is a must-see for history buffs and culture buffs. It gives visitors the opportunity to experience the rich heritage and culture of the Kutch region.
Places To Stay: Divyajyot Residency, Tree Top Residency, Hotel Tulsi Residency, Hotel Shiv Lake, Shiv Hotel
Things To Do: Shankar Vada Pav, Mandvi Beach, Sharad Baug Palace, City Shopping
Places To Visit: Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Aina Mahal, Prag Mahal, Banni Grassland Reserve
Location: Bhuj, Kachchh District, Gujarat
How To Reach: There are several ways to reach Bhuj which include flights, trains, and buses. Bhuj is well-connected with all the major cities of India.
Famous For: Ancient monuments
In conclusion, Gujarat is a state in western India that offers visitors a wide variety of experiences, from exploring ancient history and culture to enjoying the scenic beauty of its hill stations and national parks. Some of the top destinations in Gujarat include Dwarka, Somnath, Kutch, Gir National Park, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Saputara, and Bhuj, each offering unique attractions and experiences. By exploring these destinations and immersing oneself in the rich culture and heritage of Gujarat, visitors can have a truly memorable experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About Places To Visit In Gujarat?
What is Gujarat known for?
Gujarat is known for its rich history and culture, as well as its diverse landscapes that range from scenic hill stations to vast deserts. It is also known for its vibrant cuisine and traditional handicrafts.
What are some popular destinations in Gujarat?
Some popular destinations in Gujarat include Dwarka, Somnath, Kutch, Gir National Park, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Saputara, and Bhuj.
What are some top things to do in Gujarat?
Some top things to do in Gujarat include visiting ancient temples and monuments, exploring national parks and wildlife reserves, enjoying scenic hill stations, and trying traditional Gujarati cuisine.
When is the best time to visit Gujarat?
he best time to visit Gujarat is typically between November and February when the weather is cool and pleasant. However, some destinations such as the Gir National Park are best visited during the summer months between March and May.
What is the traditional cuisine of Gujarat?
The traditional cuisine of Gujarat is vegetarian and is known for its diverse range of snacks and sweets. Some popular dishes include dhokla, khandvi, undhiyu, and thepla.
Is Gujarat a safe place to visit?
Yes, Gujarat is generally considered a safe place to visit. However, as with any destination, visitors should take appropriate precautions to ensure their safety and security.
What are the best places to visit in Gujarat for 2 days?
You can choose the destinations according to your preferences. However, the following are the most popular places to visit in Gujarat on a 2 days trips: 1. Ahmedabad 2. Surat 3. Dwaraka 4. Silvassa 5. Kutch 6. Vadodara 7. Bhuj
Is Gujarat worth visiting?
A great place for all history buffs, Junagadh has plenty of monuments waiting to be explored. Located in close proximity to the renowned Gir.
What are 3 famous things of Gujarat?
Rani Ki Vav, Dholavira, Vijay Vilas Palace
What are 2 famous personalities of Gujarat?
Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Dadabhai Naoroji, Azim Premji, Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, Diana Edulji, and Sam Pitroda, Ajay Jadeja, Irfan Pathan, and Ravindra Jadeja are some of the personalities from Gujarat.
Is Gujarat worth visiting?
There are numerous things special in Gujarat. From the delicious cuisine, folk festivals, to tourist attractions, there’s a lot in Gujarat that makes it special. Visit places like the Somnath Temple, Nal Sarovar, and Kutch Desert and try dishes like Khaman, Thepla, Khandvi, and more.
Is Ahmedabad safe at night?
Yes, Ahmedabad is an absolutely safe place to live. The crime rate here is extremely low as compared to other major metros and megacities of India. In fact, research suggests that women in Ahmedabad feel safe enough to roam about alone in the streets at 3 AM in the morning!